To say hello, click the envelope below:
Vicky Mather is a multitalented new face whose work as a moving image director spans stop-frame animation and live-action. Coming from a background in photography design and illustration, Vicky brings a rich pallet of techniques to her film projects, infusing her unique visual landscape with a charmingly familiar yet intriguingly fresh feel.
Vicky studied Fine Art at London’s Kingston University before receiving both a Leverhulme Scholarship and CTBF Award to facilitate the continuation of her creative growth at the National Film and Television School. The graduation piece for her MA in Animation Directing, Stanley Pickle, has garnered substantial attention from press and festivals alike, earning Vicky no less than 33 awards to date.
In July 2011 in recognition of her work to date, Vicky was invited by BAFTA to attend a Royal Gala event in Los Angeles hosted by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – Prince William and Catherine Middleton – showcasing the best of emerging British Filmmaking Talent.
Vicky completed her first commerical commission in collaboration with fashion designer Lulu Guinness, screening in Harrods of London, Selfridges- and other high end department stores…
In April 2012 Vicky was invited to be part of the Made in Britain screenings at the British Film Institute showcasing the next generation of British female filmmakers.
Vicky is represented for Film in the UK by Curtis Brown for (see HERE) & US by Anonymous Content.
BAFTA Brits to Watch 2011 • The John Braborne Award- Cinema Television Benevolent Fund 2008 • Leverhulme Scholarship to study at the National Film and Television School 2008-2010
• Awards for Stanley Pickle (Stanley Pickle was one of the 33 short animated films to qualify for the Academy Awards 2010):
• McLaren Award for New British Animation Edinburgh Int Film Festival, UK • Best Experimental Film 14th LA Shorts Festival , USA • Prix Du Meilleur Court-Metrage Dinard Film Festival, FR • Best UK Short at the Raindance Film festival, London UK • UK Silver Plaque for Best Animation 46th Chicago Int Film Festival USA • Best Graduation Film KROK International Animated Film Festival, Russia • Best Animation Golden Kuker International Animation Film Festival, Bulgaria • Best Animation, Cinanima Animation Festival, Portugal • Best Animation, E-Magicians The Young European Design Conference, FR • Best Animation, Metropolitan Film Festival, NYC • Best Film Jury Grand Prize, Black Maria Film Festival NJ 65 Location Tour USA • Verna Fields Award for Sound Design 58th MPSE Golden Reel Dario Swade, USA • Best Animated Short Film, Omaha Film Festival, USA • Best Short, San Diego Indiefest, USA • Grand Jury Prize San Diego Indiefest, USA • Best Student Film ECU Paris FR • Onda Curta Award Monstra Animation Festival Portugal • Vision Innovation Award New York Digital Short Film Festival USA • Best Short Film Arizona International Film Festival USA • Outstanding Achievement in Short Film Making Newport Beach IFF USA • Best Student Production BUFVC Learning on Screen Conference UK • Best Animation Seattle True Independent Film Fest USA • Best Short DMVIFF Washington USA • Best Sound Design DMVIFF Washington USA • Anca Award Fest Anca, Slovakia • Special Prize Van D’or Awards Cannes in a Van UK • Best Short Film Wild Rose Independent Film Festival USA • Distinctive Achievement in Costume Wild Rose Independent Film Festival USA • Distinctive Achievement in Editing Wild Rose Independent Film Festival USA • Distinctive Achievement in Animation Wild Rose Independent Film Festival USA • Best Cinematography Seattle Shorts Film Festival USA • Best Animation or Experiemental Film at Tbilisi International Student Film Festival, Georgia •
Nominations: • The MIFF awards, Milan International Film Festival, Italy • The View Awards, View Conference, Turin,Italy • 10 Catagories at Wild Rose Film Festival Des moines Iowa USA, • 2 Catagories at Watersprtie Cambridge Student Film Festival UK • Short listed for The Arts Foundation Award 2012 •
Stanley Pickle has been selected and distributed by the British Council to over 7000 schools in the UK as part of Filmclub UK.
• British Council Spotlight Interview - see here
• BAFTA Brits to Watch- see here
• Cinefile video interview- Chicago IFF 2010- see here
• Film Industry Network interview- 2010- see here
• DC Shorts Film Fest Interview- see here
• Lulu Guinness – Blog Interview for fashion film see here
• Animation Reporter- India, 4 page spread see here
• British Film Institute ‘Made in Britain’ Next Gen British Female Filmmakers April 2012 See Here
• ECU Paris 2012, at the Palais de Tokyo: See Here
• Filmclub UK 2013, broadcast to various schools across UK: See Here
• BAFTA Children’s Awards Jury Category: Best Childrens Animated Series
• European Independent Film Festival, Paris: Pre-selection Committee and Jury 2012/13
• Edinburgh international Film Festival 2010: Two hour sessions for people from under privileged backgrounds about making Stanley Pickle and Film School.
• Chicago International Film Festival 2010 : Two hour sessions for education and underprivileged students about making Stanley Pickle, animation and film school.
• Citizen Jane Film Festival Columbia Missouri 2011 Workshop with Vicky Mather: Innovative animation techniques, Film School panel discussion, Animation Panel discussion- Women in Animation.
• Birds Eye View Film Festival 2011 Animation innovation panel discussion and presentation.
• Exeter Animation Festival 2010 Animation education/NFTS promotional talk with head of Animation Department Helen Nabarro
• Hertfordshire University 2011 Talk with Producer Jan Harlan to young film makers about making short films and career opportunities.
• London Film Academy with the ECU Film Festival 2011, talking about film making and career opportunities.
• Made in Britain: Next Gen- Outstanding Short Films from British Women Filmmakers, British Film Institute April Screenings 2012
• Filmclub UK, Live broadcast to various schools across the UK. 2013
• Visiting Tutor at the National Film and Television School.
• Edinburgh International Film Festival, Scotland, UK 2010 • LA Shorts International Film Festival, USA 2010 • Raindance Film Festival, London, UK 2010 • KROK International Animation Festival, (on a ship in) Russia 2010 • Chicago International Film Festival, Illinois, USA 2010 • Festival du Film Britannique de Dinard, Brittany, France 2010 • The Golden Kuker Animation Festival, Bulgaria, 2010 • Animamundi Animation Festival, Brasil 2010 • Animasyros, Isle of Syros, Greece 2010 • ITFS Stuttgart 2010 • Cinanima, Portugal 2010 • The Sitges Film Festival, Festival Internacional de Cinema Fantàstic de Catalunya, Spain 2010 • Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival, Taiwan, 2010 • Holland Animation Film Festival, Holland 2010 • Bradford Animation Festival, UK 2010 • Cucalorus Film Festival, North Carolina USA 2010 • Brest European Short Film Festival, France 2010 • Recontres Henri Langlois film Festival, Poitiers, 2010 • The Bahamas International Film Festival, Bahamas, 2010 • Childwickbury Arts Fair, St Albans UK 2010 • Stuttgart Filmwinter Film Festival, Stuttgart, 2011 • Slamdance Film Festival, Utah 2011 • Metroplitan Film Festival, New York, NYC USA 2011 • Birds Eye View Film Festival, London, UK 2011 • Anilogue Film Festival, Budapest 2011 • Hong Kong International Film Festival, China, 2011 • Tricky Women, Vienna, Austria 2011 • Flatpack Film Festival, Brimingham, UK 2011 • Animfest, Athens, Greece 2011 • Corfu Animation Festival, Greece 2011 • Omaha International Film Festival, USA 2011 • Sandiego Indiefest, USA 2011 • Anima Animation Festival, Brussels 2011 • European Independent Film Festival, Paris, France 2011 • The Black Maria Film and Video Festival, NY, USA 2011 • Monstra Animation Festival, Lisbon, Portugal 2011 • Mecal Animation Festival, Barcelona, Spain 2011 • Dallas international Film Festival, Texas USA2011 • Roanne Animation Festival, France 2011 • Arizona International Film Festival, USA 2011 • Aspen international Film Festival, USA 2011 • Trick Animation Festival, Italy 2011 • Newport Beach Film Festival, California USA 2011 • Titanic Film Festival, Budapest 2011 • Maryland Film Festival, USA 2011 • The New York Digital Film Festival, NYC 2011 • Palm Springs International Shortsfest, California, USA 2011 • Milan International Film Festival, Milan, Italy • Indy Film Fest, Indianapolis, USA 2011 • Hollyshorts Film Festival, California, USA 2011 • Flickers, Rhode Island International Film Festival, USA 2011 • Fest Anca, Slovakia, 2011 • Fantaspoa, Portugal, 2011 • Fantastique Semaine du Cinema, France 2011 • NYC International Film Festival 2011 • DCShorts Film Festival, Washington DC, USA 2011 • Gold Coast International Film Festival, USA 2011 • Latitude, UK 2011 • Cannes in a van, Uk 2011 • Wine Country Film Festival, California, USA 2011 • San Francisco Short Film Festival, California, USA 2011 • Cindi Film Festival, Korea 2011 • Canterbury Anifest, UK 2011 • View Conference Digital Film Festival, Turin Italy 2011 • One Reel Film Festival, 41ST Bumbershoot Festival, Seattle 2011 • New York City Film Festival, New York 2011 • Cinéma tous Ecrans, Geneva Switzerland, 2011 • Naperville Independent Film Festival, Illinois, USA 2011 • Citizen Jane Film Festival, Columbia Missouri, USA 2011 • Padova Vintage Festival, Italy 2011 • FIJR Granada Spain 2011 • SoCal Film Festival, Huntington Beach, California 2011 • Seattle Shorts Film Festival, Seattle 2011 • Georgia Film Festival, Georgia 2011 • Wild Rose International Film Festival, Des Moines 2011 • Rabbitfest Perugia Italy 2011 • Short&Sweet Various Screeings London 2010/11 • ShortCutz Film Night London 2011 • Open Cinema, Outdoor Screening in St.Petersburg, Russia 2011 • Brainwash Film Screenings London 2011 • The American University of Paris, Special Screening, 2011 • The New York Public Library, with BMFVF 2011 • The Big Cartoon Festival, Moscow, 2012 • Fools Paradise & ECU, India 2011 • Taos Short Film Festival, New Mexico 2012 • Watersprite Student Film Festival, Cambridge, UK 2012 • Petlaluma Film Festival, California, USA 2012 • Post Alley Film Festival, Seattle Washington USA 2012 • Lets Keep it Short, Hackney Picturehouse London 2012 • Clare Valley Film Festival, Australia 2012 • Animators Hour, Outdoor Superscreen Perth, Australia 2012 • Made in Britain BFI London 2012 • Tblisi Student Film Fest Georgia 2012 • Jamestown Arts Center Rhode Island 2012 • Regard sur le Court Métrage Saguenay, Canada 2012 • 0110 UFO Film Festival, New Delhi, India 2012 • Shorts Up, Bucharest, Romania 2012 • 36th Cleveland International Film Festival USA 2012 • Virgin Atlantic Film Festival in the Sky, inflight entertainment, 2011/12 •